When I know my veg is wonderfully fresh and free from pesticides I eat it raw. In this case I made a carpaccio of pears, carrots and Portobello mushrooms. The mixture of vegetables worked really well plus the sauce added to the flavours. You can also add some chicken or fish too however this time I just wanted an easy quick veg dish. To make this recipe you will need,
A carpaccio of vegetables.
- 2 pears,
- 2 carrots
- 250g mushrooms
- 1 jar of tuna
- Fresh mint
- 1tbsp tahini
- 2bsp extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of a lime
- 1tbsp capers
- Some water if sauce is too thick.
- Step 1 Get a vegetable grater or use your food processor and thinly chop your washed vegetables. You can peel them if you wish too. Place in a bowl.
- Step 2 Blend all the ingredients for your sauce and pour over the veg. Mix with your hands until all the veg is coated in the sauce.
- Step 3 Serve, with these quantities you may serve three portions as a main.