We are always trying to find more ways to include more vegetables into our diet and they are so important for us as they are full of vitamins, so if you are looking at including more vegetables into your diet, start by trying out more recipes which include veg and are tasty plus wholesome too.
Stuffed peppers with mushrooms
- 4 red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ a cup raw quinoa
- 300g Portobello mushrooms
- 1tbsp tahini
- 100g black pitted olives
- 100g green lentils
- Olive oil
- Step 1 Wash and slice your peppers in half, place them on a baking tray and drizzle just a little bit of oil and bake them. They will take around 15 minutes in a fan assisted oven. Remove and set aside.
- Step 2 Cook your quinoa according to instructions on the packet, you will have extra quinoa after you stuff your peppers however we like extra food, once cooking.
- Step 3 Add some oil to a pan, add your peeled and chopped garlic and brown the garlic. Add your washed and chopped mushrooms to the pan and cook. Slice your olives and add to the pan and finally add the cooked quinoa. Turn off the heat and mix all ingredients together. Get a bowl add the tahini and some water and mix together. Pour the tahini over the quinoa and mix all together.
- Step 4 Get a spoon and stuff the peppers with the quinoa and mushrooms. I suggest serving two halves per serving. You can add some extra quinoa or whatever you wish.