A twist for any vegetarian/vegan on the famous British Chicken coronation and once we are feeling the heat, there is nothing nicer than a nice cold refreshing salad doused with sweetness.
August 12, 2018
- 3 large aubergines
- A handful fresh coriander
- ½ clove garlic
- 90ml Kefir
- 2tbsp fig preserve
- 200g udon noodles
- ½ a melon
- 100g chopped hazelnuts
- 80g goji berries
- 70g pumpkin seeds
- 1tbsp wasabi
- Olive oil
- Edible flowers
- Step 1 Cut the aubergines in half, add some olive oil and season. Bake them at 160C until the flesh is soft and cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Step 2 Put a pot of water to boil, add some salt and add the noodles to the boiling water. Cook as per instructions on packet. Strain and run cold water on the noodles to cool them. Set them aside too.
- Step 3 Get your blender and add the coriander together with the peeled garlic and pulse until coriander is in small bits. Add the kefir, wasabi and fig preserve and pulse once more. Scoop out the flesh from the aubergines and add to the blender. Set the aubergines aside to fill them. Pulse once or twice just to incorporate the ingredients together.
- Step 4 Get a bowl, add the noodles, the aubergine mixture, the nuts, goji berries and pumpkin seeds and mix everything together. Add some olive oil and season.
- Step 5 Scoop the melon out with a spoon and add to the mixture. Mix one last time. Get the empty aubergines and fill them with the noodles and aubergine coronation. Sprinkle some edible flowers and serve.
- Step 6 With the above ingredients I filled four halves of the aubergines as they were quite large. Enjoy