Make this delicious granola and start of the day with some granola that can be topped with forest fruits, bananas and milk or yoghurt of your choice. Place a small box in your kids lunch box as a snack, or take some to the office as a mid morning snack. To make this granola you will need,
- 250g Oats
- 200g raw almonds
- 100g almond flakes
- 90g raw pistachios
- 100g coconut flakes
- Zest of 1 lime
- 70 ml coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Step 1 Get a baking tray and line it with parchment and set aside.
- Step 2 Weigh out your dry ingredients and add them to the baking tray.
- Step 3 Pour over the coconut oil together with the cinnamon and cacao and mix with a spoon. Add the lemon zest and bake for around 15 minutes on 160C or until the nuts are crunchy.
- Step 4 Remove and let the granola cool. You can also add the whole thing to your food processor and pulse for a couple of seconds to break up the nuts. This is optional.
- Step 5 With the above ingredients I had 8 breakfast servings, served in cereal bowls.