Yes I can safely say I love bananas, they are my favourite fruit and I simply would love to use them in all my sweet recipes. These are so light and if not careful you could eat them all. To make these lovely sponges best served with a cup of tea you will need,
- 3 free range eggs
- 90g coco sugar
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g pecan nuts
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
- Step 1 Heat the oven to 160C fan, line a flat baking tray, approx. 30cm with parchment paper and set aside.
- Step 2 Break the eggs and whisk in your beater together with the sugar until nice and fluffy. Best test is to lift the mixture with a spoon and it should form peaks at the surface.
- Step 3 Add the ripe bananas, the vanilla and crush the nuts and add too. Mix once more. Fold in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder into the cake mixture with a metal spoon.
- Step 4 Pour the mixture into your tray and bake for around twenty minutes until sponge bounces back to your touch or simply add a skewer through the sponge.
- Step 5 Cut up and serve or store in a container for when you have visitors.