Cakes are so versatile. They are also great to eat mid morning when you feel like a cup of something warm and a nibble on something. I was baking a cake and decided to add some tahini into my cake mixture.
Tahini Tea Cake
- 180g self raising flour (I used gluten free)
- 80g spelt flour
- 1 packet unsalted butter
- 70g coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder (I used gluten free)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 packet dried figs
- 1 grated zucchini
- Zest of one orange
- Two tablespoons Tahini
- 200g blanched peanuts
- Step 1 Pre-heat the oven at 160C fan assisted. Beat your butter and sugar until nice and fluffy. Beat your eggs in a bowl and start adding them to the mixture and keep mixing, add your flours and spice.
- Step 2 Chop up the dried figs and add them to the mixture. Place peanuts in a bag and break them into smaller pieces (I do this by beating them with a rolling pin) and add them to your mixture. Add the zest of the orange and the grated zucchini. I used the skin of the zucchini and put the rest away to use in another dish. Add the tahini and mix all together. The smell is wonderful.
- Step 3 Line a loaf tin with tracing paper and place in the oven at 160 degrees for around 35 minutes.