I recently came across this quote “good things come to those who bake.” Loved it, so I decided to start baking…
Cupcakes that will make you melt!
March 10, 2017
- 225g unsalted butter
- 100g oatmeal flour
- 100g gluten free self-raising flour
- 1tbsp gluten free baking powder
- 60g coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. cacao
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. almond milk
- 2 tbsp. ground coconut
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 160C. Line 12 hole muffin trays with paper cases.
- Step 2 Cream the butter and sugar together, preferably in your electric beater, until mixture is light and fluffy. Do not rush this stage as it is important and can take around 5 to 7 minutes. Beat in your eggs one at a time, until well combined – If your mixture curdles, just add some of the flour.
- Step 3 Fold in the flours, cacao and baking powder or mix on a low speed until you have a soft, smooth mixture. Add the ground coconut and the milk and mix.
- Step 4 Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. I would fill the case as far as 3/4 full.
- Step 5 Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Cakes should spring back when pressed gently with a finger. Remove the cakes from the oven and set aside to cool on a wire rack.